Our products are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship for a limited time (within 120 days from the date of original purchase from an authorized dealer). The warranty applies ONLY to the original purchaser of the product. If a product fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product, without charge, or replace it, at our discretion. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials. Damage not covered under warranty will be repaired for a reasonable rate and a fee will be charged for return shipping.
Manufacturer’s Defect (includes but is not limited to):
- Broken zippers, zippers that will not open or close properly, zipper pulls that are not attached
- Unsewn seams (seams that are not sewn together properly by the factory)
- Sliders on the strap not functioning or missing pins
- Missing parts
Wear and Tear (includes but is not limited to):
- Scratches on the outside of the bag from dragging, rubbing, or normal everyday use
- Dirty spots or fading
- Strange smells, mildew and mold due to not cleaning promptly after use or spills
- Natural breakdown of materials
- Excessive zipper wear & damage due to overstuffing bags
For warranty evaluation, your product must be shipped, at your expense, to us at:
Obersee / Halmen, LLC
Attn: Warranty Department
11812 Main St., Ste C104
Shipping to us for warranty evaluation must be pre-paid and insured. We cannot be liable for lost in-bound packages.
NOTE: You MUST include the following with your warranty item (OR COMPLETE & PRINT THE WARRANTY FORM AVAILABLE HERE)
- a copy of your original purchase receipt
- a statement of the defect issues (mark the problem areas with tape if you think this will help us identify the problem)
- your email address
- your return shipping address (note that this must be an address where someone can sign for and receive the return shipment. We are not responsible for items returned to us due to a bad address or no one available to sign for shipment, and will not pay to ship you a replacement item more than once.)
Without this information we cannot process your warranty request and will not know where to ship your repaired or replaced item.
Will my product be repaired or replaced?
If your product fails due to a manufacturing or workmanship defect, our first option will be to repair the item, free of charge. If the product is not repairable, or if the cost of repairing the item exceeds the cost of a new one, we will replace it.
How long will it take to process my warranty claim?
Our normal turnaround time is about four weeks, usually less. This includes the shipping time by ground to you. If this turnaround time becomes a problem for you, tell us. We can sometimes “rush” repairs, just let us know.
Should I insure my product when I mail it in?
Please insure your product for its full value when you send it to us. Use a shipping method that provides a tracking number, to ensure that your product will arrive safely to us. We are not responsible for items lost in transit.
Do I need a repair authorization number before I send my item in?
We do not require or issue return authorizations for items being returned for evaluation and repair. Once we receive your product, we will assign a repair order number to it, and send you notification regarding the status.
Who pays for shipping?
As stated in our warranty policy, the customer pays the shipping charges to send products to the Warranty Department. We will pay the return shipping charges to ship you your repaired or placed item. If you request that we return your product by UPS Overnight or 2nd Day Air, the additional shipping charges will be billed to you. Shipping charges for all non-warranty repairs are at the owner’s expense.
What do repairs cost?
The cost of non-warranty repairs varies depending on the nature of the repair. If you are concerned about the expense, you can ask us to notify you of the repair costs.
For further warranty information, please contact us at email@example.com or through our web contact form.